Holland & Knight is a global law firm with over 1,400 lawyers and 1,200 other professionals in 27 offices throughout the world, including the Tysons office. The firm has a very close-knit and caring culture which places attorney and staff well-being as one of its priorities. Since signing the American Bar Association (ABA) Well-Being Pledge & Campaign in 2018, Holland & Knight has undertaken a mental health awareness campaign that includes access to telephonic and virtual mental health support, including substance use disorder counseling. Holland & Knight’s current well-being program views well-being from a holistic lens and is characterized by mental and emotional, physical, and caregiver well-being.
- Holland & Knight offers a robust Employee Assistance Program, which allows for free, confidential counseling sessions to all attorneys and staff, including family members.
- The firm dedicates resources to train leadership to identify and support those who may be experiencing a mental health issue, which includes Tysons office members who are professionally trained in Mental Health First Aid.
- In addition to free counseling sessions and mental health training, the firm’s well-being program offers a best-in-class wellness app that provides individuals with tools to calm and focus the mind, relax the central nervous system, enhance emotional intelligence and improve resilience.
- Holland & Knight also infuses the concept of health and physical well-being into the events and daily activities of the firm, including hosting a Virtual Half Marathon, 10K and 5K, which allowed participants to create teams and connect as they trained for their desired race. The firm also piloted a Whole Life Challenge for six of our offices, where our Tysons Office won the challenge, and improved everyone’s health at the same time.
- Holland & Knight hosts firmwide step challenges that are promoted on the firm’s well-being app to build a sense of comradery and healthy competition all while staying active.
- The firm also offers support to employee caregivers, who often deal with extra stressors which can take a toll on health and well-being. The firm provides back-up senior and child care benefit, professional guidance and assistance for caring for an aging loved one, and a research-based support program for those caring for a child with a learning, social or behavioral challenge, or developmental disability.
- For Mental Health Awareness Month in May, Holland & Knight is a planning several events, including firmwide challenges tailored to relaxation and mindfulness and a mental health presentation with a focus on recognizing and reducing anxiety.
Click on the following link to a video highlighting the 2020 Holland & Knight Virtual Race.
Visit our Careers page to learn more about our job openings and industry-leading benefits.