It’s no secret that Fairfax County and the Metro DC region is thriving in the world of startups and technology, which makes this the perfect time to bring Social Media Week Independent to the DMV.
Social Media Week Independent (SMWi) is a leading news platform that curates and shares the best ideas, innovations and insight into how social media and technology are changing business, society & culture worldwide. The SMW community consists of senior marketers, founders, entrepreneurs, influencers and digitally connected consumers who thrive in the hyper-connected world and push the boundaries of the status quo.
Presented by Fairfax County Economic Development Authority, this one-day event promises to provoke rigorous discussion and debate on the changes in human connectivity through engaging, entertaining, educational and diverse content and experiences.
Session topics and panelists include:
The New Rules of Citizen Engagement
- Julie Parker, director, Media Relations Bureau, Fairfax County Police Department
- Lieutenant Colonel Vinston Porter, Public Relations & Outreach Officer, Defense Intelligence Agency
- Carolyn Reams, Social Media Lead & Outreach, Office of Public Affairs, Central Intelligence Agency
- Sara Smith, Social Media Listening Specialist, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Moderated by Christopher Dorobek, GovLoop’s DorobekINSIDER
The Next BIG Thing
- Janet Balis, Global Advisory Leader for Media & Entertainment, EY
The Power of Podcasting
- Brian Fanzo, Change Evangelist and CEO, iSocialFanz
- Sarah Fraser, host, Hey Frase Podcast
- Natasha Che, Founder of Soundwise & Host of Founders Nextdoor Podcast
- Jonathan Aberman, host, What’s Working in Washington
Politics in 140 Characters or Less
- Tom Cochran, Acquia Chief Digital Strategist & Vice President, Public Sector & Former White House and State Department Digital Leader
- Olivia Nuzzi, Washington Correspondent, New York Magazine
- Ben Jacobs, political reporter, The Guardian US
- Moderated by Judy Kurtz, columnist, In the Know, The Hill
- SMWiFairfax is sponsored by QBurst, DC Inno, InsideNoVA, WeWork and SwingSpace.
To learn more about SMWiFairfax, please visit http://smwifairfax.com