2017 Tour de Tysons
The fouth annual Tour de Tysons Grand Prix Bicycle Race will be held Saturday, July 22 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The event, which last year drew 300 competitors, will feature 10 races between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on a closed, circular course. One of the races will be for elite cyclists and will feature a cash purse.
Back to the traditional (1996-2013) course : 1.1 mile counter clockwise loop with a big-ring uphill finish. NO FREE LAP. Run under road race rules. Course is Westbranch Dr, and Westpark, Jones Branch Dr.
- No warming up or cooling down on course: bring a trainer. Please be considerate of our hosts. NCVC has zero tolerance for public urination, obstruction of traffic, and obscenity.
- Each race will be run as a timed event, rather than by distance.
- W1/2/3/4 race run as a single-event with a single prize list.
- Unlicensed riders (Cat 5 men, Cat 4 women) must also purchase a one-day license, and may only enter the Category 5 and Women Category 4 races respectively.
- Second race: $20
- Registration opens 6:45 AM and closes 15 minutes before each race.
- Race-day registration is available; a $10 late fee will apply to registration fee to adult (only) races ($45 total fee).
- Checks (made out to NCVC), credit cards, and cash will be accepted for registration payment on race day.
- Absolutely no buying, selling, or swapping of registrations.
- Refunds at the discretion of the promoter.
- Entry fees do not include any applicable BikeReg.com fees
- Entry fee includes $1 MABRA fee and $3.75 USACycling insurance fee.
- MABRA BAR races for this event are
- Race: BAR Class
- Junior 15-18 : Junior 17-18 Boys and Junior 17-18 Girls
- Junior 13-14 : Junior 13-14 Boys and Junior 13-14 Girls
- Junior 09-12 : Junior 11-12 Boys and Junior 11-12 Girls
- Master 45+ Category 1/2/3/4 : Masters Men 45+
- Category 4/5 : Men Category 4
- Pro1/2/3 : Men 123
- Category 3/4 : Men Category 3
- Women Category 4/5: Women 4
- Women Category 1/2/3/4 : Women 123
- the following fields do not score toward the BAR
- Category 5