Support our Community During COVID-10
- Due to cancelled blood drives, the American Red Cross and Inova Blood Donor Services are seeing an extreme shortage in blood donations. Extra precautions have been implemented to protect donors – it is safe to give blood, and your donation can save a life. Eligible and healthy donors are strongly urged to make an appointment with the American Red Cross here, Inova here, or call 800-BLOOD-SAVES. Inova has also established a centralized online resource for opportunities for community support here.
- The Foundation for FCPS is supporting their food distribution efforts and technology needs for students.
- FCPS has a list of community groups here.
- The Fairfax County Animal Shelter is accepting donations via Amazon and the Friends of Fairfax County Animal Shelter.
- Inova is looking for contributions to their Emergency Preparedness Fund.
- The Community Foundation COVID-19 Response Fund for Northern Virginia will go to a variety of nonprofits in this region helping our community.
- The Washington Nationals NATS4GOOD Community Response Fund will disperse charitable grants to community partners delivering essential food access, health, and human services.
- Northern Virginia Family Services continues to support neighbors in need, during this health crisis and beyond.
- The Medical Reserve Corps serves as the official volunteer organization of the Fairfax County Health District. Sign up here.
- The Fairfax County Neighbor-to-Neighbor program helps organize volunteer opportunities. Find out how your neighborhood community, HOA, or civic association can get involved: Email N2N@fairfaxcounty.gov or Call 703-246-8962, TTY 711
- Volunteer Fairfax and Fairfax County Health and Human Services both maintain searches with organizations that need volunteers and donations.