Work With Us
We have one goal: make Tysons America’s Next Great City. And we can’t do it alone.
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with our events and community outreach initiatives. Volunteers play an active role in shaping their community — from lending a hand in vital community service initiatives to assisting with festivals and cultural events.
We also offer full and part time employment opportunities and student internships. A full list of our active listings can be found below.
PART TIME: Administrator/Event Coordinator
The Office Administrator/Events Coordinator will provide executive administrative support to our President and program staff in the Tysons office, assist with bookkeeping transactions, support events and marketing activities, and provide general support to the team as needed. Overall, the Office Administrator/Events Coordinator will ensure the smooth running of the office and help improve the Partnership’s day-to-day operations.
- Provide executive administrative support, including scheduling and coordinating meetings
- Work with our outsourced provider of accounting services to manage bookkeeping operations
- Processing and recording of weekly invoices/accounts payable transactions
- Review and code staff credit card expense reports
- Manage the processing and recording of weekly cash receipts
- Respond to inquiries from internal staff, members, community partners and government officials
- Create and update records and databases with member, financial and other data
- Provide general administrative support to the team as needed
- Assist with meeting and event planning management and logistics
- Support development/marketing activities, including data assembly and outreach preparation
- Support social media and marketing initiatives
- Experience in office administration, management and/or event coordination is preferred
- Must have demonstrated success being proactive and following through on tasks
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented self-starter and able to work independently with little oversight
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Ability to balance multiple projects
- Demonstrate the highest level of personal and ethical standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and across multiple platforms
- Familiar with social media and other communications & marketing tools
- Familiar with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Passion for urban and real estate design/planning/development preferred
- Part-time: 20 hours weekly; flexible remote work options
- Compensation: $30k annualized. Additional allowance for parking or public transportation
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org