Work With Us
We have one goal: make Tysons America’s Next Great City. And we can’t do it alone.
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with our events and community outreach initiatives. Volunteers play an active role in shaping their community — from lending a hand in vital community service initiatives to assisting with festivals and cultural events.
We also offer full and part time employment opportunities and student internships. A full list of our active listings can be found below.
Are you a college/graduate student or recent graduate who combines a knowledge of and passion for Urban Studies, Public Administration, Real Estate Development or a related field with superior abilities in Communications, Media and Marketing? If so, please consider joining us for a summer as we work to make Tysons, Virginia “America’s Next Great City.”
Tysons Partnership is a stakeholder association committed to the transformation of Tysons, Virginia into a 24/7, live, work, play, walkable, transit oriented, urban community. Our mission includes service as the “Information Hub” for all things Tysons. We are looking for a summer intern who will help us package and promote the Tysons narrative to a regional and national audience. Depending on your particular skills and interests, specific projects may include research and creation of content for an “information toolkit” containing essential data that conveys the breadth and scope of Tysons development, helping us formulate a multi-year strategy for messaging, media development and outreach, or developing content and eye catching design to populate our website and social media.
Commitment to full time (Mo-Fr) for at least two months (May-August) is preferred. This internship pays a stipend to help with living expenses and transportation in the Washington, DC metro area. Specific terms will vary depending on level of education and experience attainment.
To apply, please submit your qualifications to email@example.com. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
For more information about the Tysons Partnership, see www.tysonspartnership.org
Director, Transportation Management Association for Tysons
Tysons Partnership is a stakeholder association committed to the transformation of Tysons, Virginia into a 24/7 live, work, play, walkable, transit oriented, urban community, as described in the county’s 2010 Comprehensive Plan. Achievement of the Comprehensive Plan vision anticipates and incorporates the following key transportation related elements:
- Metrorail Silver Line extension
- Express & local bus service
- Circulator bus service
- Grid of streets
- Ped/bike facilities
- Multimodal hubs
- Balance between land use and transportation needs
Tysons Partnership is the successor organization to TYTRAN and was appointed by Fairfax County in 2014 to operate the Tysons-wide Transportation Management Association (TMA).
The Tysons TMA is responsible for developing and implementing trip mitigation strategies, facilitating transit-oriented development, working with local government authorities to identify and resolve transportation bottlenecks and safety concerns, and encouraging Tysons residents, workers and visitors to use public transit and other alternative transportation modalities.
Tysons Partnership seeks a permanent, full time, Director for the Tysons TMA. Working out of the Partnership offices in Tysons, Virginia, the TMA Director will interface with state and county government, transportation agencies, Partnership members, local businesses and citizens.
POSITION SCOPE & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The position is responsible for the development and execution of strategies aimed at fulfillment of the TMA mission. The position reports to the Partnership’s President/CEO and will be guided by the Partnership’s Transportation Council, comprised of Partnership members with a particular interest in the resolution of transportation issues. The Director will curate, manage and promote programs aimed at reducing private automobile travel in Tysons, disseminating timely information about transportation options and encouraging innovative solutions.
The position helps shape and manages the TMA’s Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program which seeks to achieve trip reduction goals for Tysons. The Director oversees outsource providers of TDM services and/or manages in-house TDM resources marketed by the TMA to Tysons landowners, serves as their point of contact and ensures the financial integrity of the TDM marketing program.
The position manages the collection and allocation of County “seed money proffers” and other County sources of funding for the TMA’s activities. The Director seeks and administers funds for TMA projects and initiatives from state, local and other transportation funding sources as appropriate. The Director prepares and administers an annual TMA budget and is accountable for the financial health of the TMA.
The position is responsible for the proactive development and posting of accurate and timely content to the transportation pages on the Tysons Partnership website. The Director serves as the County’s point of contact for its Bike share program in Tysons and, in collaboration with the County, will ensure its efficient, effective implementation.
Compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Bachelors degree; concentration in urban studies, transportation planning, public administration, or a closely related field, plus a minimum 3- years’ experience related to multimodal transportation services and options. Graduate studies and/or a degree in a relevant field is preferred, as is experience with public/private partnerships and with government relations.
Demonstrated ability to work independently, problem solve and follow through on assignments with minimal direction, to strategize effectively, to organize and coordinate multiple projects and assignments, to establish priorities and to maintain effective working relationships with government officials and relevant constituencies. The position interacts with landowners, employers, government officials and citizen groups. The Director must be available to attend/host Partnership events and attend public meetings.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally. Facility with social media is preferred. A passion for urbanization, creativity, and a demonstrated commitment to multi modal transportation solutions.
- Cover Letter, including salary requirements
- Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
PART-TIME OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Be part of the organization that is helping transform Tysons, Virginia into a great new city. Tysons Partnership is a stakeholder association and public-private partnership representing all the major players with an interest in making Tysons into a 24/7 “Live/Work/Play” urbanized community.
If you favor work flexibility in a dynamic, small, and friendly environment. if you are ready and willing to take pride in providing professional administrative support to our staff and interacting with the people who are making Tysons happen. If you want to be part of a team that is productive and expanding… you may be the person we’re looking for.
Our Office Administrator will provide executive administrative support to our president and program staff in the Tysons office, assist with bookkeeping transactions, support events and marketing activities, and provide general support to the team as needed. Overall, the position will ensure the smooth running of the office and help improve the Partnership’s day-to-day operations.
POSITION SCOPE & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide executive administrative support, including scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments, and other projects as assigned.
- Work with our outsourced provider of accounting services to manage bookkeeping operations;
- Processing and recording of weekly invoices/ accounts payable transactions.
- Review and code staff credit card expense reports
- Manage the processing and recording of weekly cash receipts.
- Respond to inquiries from internal staff, members, community partners and government officials.
- Create and update records and databases with member, financial and other data
- Provide general administrative support to the team as needed
- Assist with meeting and event planning management and logistics
- Support development/marketing activities, including data assembly and outreach preparation
- Support social media and marketing initiatives.
- Experience as an Office Administrator, Office Manager and/or Event Coordinator is preferred
- Must have demonstrated success being proactive and following through on tasks
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented self-starter and able to work independently with little oversight
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Ability to balance multiple projects
- Must demonstrate the highest level of personal and ethical standards
- Proficient with office automation and collaborative tools, including Microsoft Office products and able to operate in both PC and Apple environments
- Familiar with social media and other communications & marketing tools
- Familiar with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Bachelors degree is preferred
- Passion for urban and real estate design/planning/development is preferred
Part-time: 20 hours weekly; in-office 4 days minimum
Compensation: Commensurate with background/experience; parking or public transportation allowance
APPLY: Cover letter and resume to email@example.com