Work With Us
We have one goal: make Tysons America’s Next Great City. And we can’t do it alone.
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with our events and community outreach initiatives. Volunteers play an active role in shaping their community — from lending a hand in vital community service initiatives to assisting with festivals and cultural events.
We also offer full and part time employment opportunities and student internships. A full list of our active listings can be found below.
PART TIME: Event Coordinator
The Events Coordinator will assist the organization in successfully executing its community events and member programming. Candidates must have a strong track record of success working in a demanding and fast-paced environment in which deadline-oriented execution and a strong attention to details is essential.
Ideal candidates will also have experience working for member and/or community driven associations. Passion for urban and community development is preferred.
- Assist with meeting and event planning, management and logistics
- Industry research
- Volunteer coordination and management
- Social media and email marketing and promotion
- Administrative support to full time staff
- Part time, Remote work / 20 hours per week
- Up to 5 hours daily, 4-5 days a week (10am – 3pm tentatively).
- This position is remote. Flexibility to provide occasional onsite support in office and at evening events is preferred.
- Strong organizational and event planning skills
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong social media strategy and content management skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and Google Calendar
- Experience with grant applications a plus
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 1, 2017.